Boredom-an emotional state experienced during periods lacking activity or when individuals are uninterested in the activities surrounding them

Which is EXACTLY what all of my day consisted of today. I was borderline to la la LOSING MY MIND. Thing is I wasnt really lonely at any point of the day but the Boredom was eating me alive.

Were not even past the climax of spring break and i was bored... not a good sign. So today, as i watched in extreme boredom at my friend carving wood, his cousin uttered the words that turned my day around somewhat.

He said, "Spring break is what you make of it". I pondered on that statement for a mere 60 seconds before I was out the door saying "SEEYA". I' realized that what he said doesnt only apply to spring break, but also applies to all of life in general. If I think of school as being boring then of course schools going to be boring. It's all about mindset, Which can also be described as mental inertia.

My mindset did a complete 180 once he said that, and I thank him for saving my day=). See, 1 of my biggest pet peeves is the wasting of MY time.(wanna piss me off??...just waste my time)

Heres a few tips I found to help with anyone that has Boredom problems like i do and how to overcome it:

  1. Mentally see the result of your action and picture the excellent result (this will motivate you into action),
  2. Start moving physically, and the brain will follow suit,
  3. Start small and pause to see actual result from this small step,
  4. When the mode is up, do not stop till you are satisfied,
  5. Rest when you feel tired ( otherwise you will feel stress up and anxiety will creep in),
  6. Think positively,
  7. Be aware that nothing is lost when you "actioned"; staying put causes more harm, 
  8. and Believe in yourself; "I can do it" mentality.

Hoped this has helped SOMEONE...ANYONE =9
Well I'm out of here.

PLUR,
BkNickMay

0 comments:

Post a Comment